I like morning meal, particularly throughout lunch time or even supper. As well as baked eggs is among my faves. It is fast, easy, as well as very delicious. This Salsa Verde Baked Egg meal is actually no various.
To start with, you will require some fresh salsa. If you have not however, attempt my Avocado & Tomatillo Salsa Verde. It is actually truly simple to earn as well as fantastic on tacos, eggs, enchiladas, your enthusiast, as well as much a lot extra.
Baked Eggs with Salsa Verde
- 2 cups Avocado & Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- ¼ shredded cheese
- Add 2 cups of the salsa to a small dutch oven or baking dish. You might need more or less depending. For example, you could easily make a single serving of this recipe in a ramekin. Essentially, you need the salsa to be about 1/2 inch deep.
- This is fairly important. You want to make a bit of a well where you are going to add each egg. It prevents the egg from thinning out and helps keep it in place during cooking. NOTE: The color of an egg's shell is determined by the breed of chicken. Eggs can be white, brown, blue and even green.
- Bake the dish in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny. Now wasn't that easy?
- Remove the eggs from the oven, and while they are still hot, top them with the shredded cheese. Add the chopped red onion and cilantro right before serving. Oh, and if you have ever wondered why onions make you cry, you should check out my video on it.