This simple frittata recipe combines tomatoes, broccoli and feta cheese. If you’re not a fan of feta, you can easily replace the feta with Fontina, Parmesan or goat cheese
Broccoli as well as Cheese Frittata with Tomato Toast
- 6 eggs whites
- 3 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese or regular feta cheese
- 2 cup small broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese; set aside.
- In a large broiler-proof skillet, cook broccoli and shallots in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender, stirring occasionally. Pour egg mixture over the broccoli mixture in skillet. Cook over medium-low heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges until egg mixture is almost set (surface will be moist). Arrange tomatoes on top of egg mixture.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 5 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into four wedges.
Nutrition Factprotein 13.8g
dietary fiber 2g
saturated fat 2.1g
vitamin a iu 1094.5IU
vitamin c 48.2mg
2 lean protein, 1 vegetable