Classic Chicken Salad is a perfect combination of seasoned chicken breast, mayonnaise cream, lemon juice, and crispy celery, ready in just a matter of minutes!
We loved the incredible selection of lunch and picnic options, and the recipe was perfect for a real-time picnic or with other favorites like Salad Macaroni, Easy Cole Slaw (Coleslaw), and Best Baked Beans!
Classic Chicken Salad
The classic chicken salad is the perfect thing to serve for lunch, as a salad or on a bed of lettuce. Made with lean chicken in juice mayo and lemon, with and celery (plus if you want, you can add crispy almonds), it’s the PERFECT dish to be taken to a picnic or get-togethers.
You can add other fresh ingredients to this recipe such as green onions, shallots, fresh dill, or avocado. This is a great recipe to start at the beginning of the week for a take-and-go lunch, and my goal when we have a busy schedule in the future. You will never want to buy back at the store again!
What Else Can You Add to This Chicken Salad Recipes?
You can actually add a lot of flavor to the dish depending on what you like. Here are some suggestions I’ve tried and liked.
- Dried fruit
- Bell Peppers
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
The chicken Salad will be cooled for 3-4 days, wrapped in a meeting with plastic wrap. Do not allow at room temperature for more than two hours for food safety.
Can Chicken Salad With Mayo be Frozen?
I do not recommend that you freeze the chicken salad because the mayonnaise will be separated when melting. You can freeze the cooked chicken, then dilution it in the refrigerator the day before you want to make a salad, and add other fresh ingredients that day.
More Salad Recipes
- Prawn Salad Cream
- Potato Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Broccoli raisins Salad
- Three Peanut salad
How to Service Chicken Salad
Serve a chicken salad as a sandwich, on top of tomato slices, or over green vegetables. You can also have it as an afternoon snack with crackers, or serve with chunks of celery and paprika, or in lettuce for a low carbohydrate option.
Tips For Making Chicken Salad
- Add grapes, raisins, apples, or craisin to add sweetness and savory flavor.
- This recipe requires almonds but you can use other kinds of nuts such as hazelnut, walnut, or cashews.
- Replace mayo with avocado and sour cream for an avocado chicken salad.
- Reduce calories in this recipe by using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- This recipe takes a total of 5 minutes to be put together, but I want to cool it down for at least an hour to give a sense of opportunity to gather together.
- If you don’t have time to cook your own chicken, you can use a chicken rotisserie. Remove the skin and cut it.
- You can use fresh chicken or canned chicken for this recipe.
- Create a BBQ chicken salad by adding 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite BBQ sauce as a substitute for some mayonnaise.
- Add seasonings to this recipe to add different flavors such as garlic, paprika, curry powder, or even mustard. Try the chipotle seasoning and lime juice instead of lemon juice. Or a pinch of cayenne pepper with jalapeno pickles for a spicy version.
- Cook the chicken breast in a crockpot, then use the electric hand mixer to shredding the chicken for the chicken salad recipe SUWIR!
Classic Chicken Salad Recipes
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery chopped finely
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cup cooked chicken breast chopped
- Mix all the ingredients together well in a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.