The frozen puff Pastry is melted until bending and cut into squares before being topped with a bit of chicken sausage studs. When the pastry is cooked in the oven, he steaming around the sausage and becomes mild and buttered.
Appetizers are perfect for a vacation or just as a delicious snack. Make this with pork sausage, turkey sausage or vegetarian sausage and I swear you won’t be disappointed.
Chicken Sausage Puffs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons country Dijon or coarse-grained mustard
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (12-ounce) package fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the oven first to 400 °. Place 1 pastry sheet on a mild working surface; Roll into 1 (8-x 12 inches) rectangular. Cut the cake into 24 (2 inches) squares. Place 1 slice of sausage in the middle of each box, press down. Repeat with the rest of pastry and sausage sheets.
- Arrange puffs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheets, and brush with egg. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, stir together mustard and sour cream in a small bowl. Serve pastries warm, with dipping sauce.