That’s right, you can drink your oats with this healthy smoothie recipe. Plus it only takes about 15 minutes to whip up, so there’s no excuse to miss breakfast.
Healthy Cherry Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- ½ cup light almond milk or fat-free milk
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
- ½ cup fresh or frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries, partially thawed
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup small ice cubes
- In a medium bowl combine water and oats. Microwave 1 minute. Stir in 1/4 cup of the milk. Microwave 30 to 50 seconds more or until oats are very tender. Cool 5 minutes.
- In a blender combine oat mixture, the remaining 1/4 cup milk, and the next four ingredients (through honey). Cover and blend until smooth, scraping container as needed. Add ice cubes; cover and blend until smooth. If desired, top each serving with additional fruit.