This Delicious chocolate Banana Oat meal is sweetened with a ripe banana, filled with chocolatey taste, and covered with wonderful caramelized bananas! This gluten-free and vegan morning meal has no sugar included and makes sure to load you up and maintain you pleased.
Hot Chocolate Banana-Nut Oatmeal
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅔ cup non-dairy milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
For the caramelized bananas
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Additionally: hemp seeds, chia seeds,nut butter, and/or toasted nuts to add on top
- In a small saucepan, combine oats, mashed banana, milk of choice and cocoa powder. Simmer until milk has absorbed into the oats, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the oats are cooking, heat up a small sauté pan with coconut oil and maple syrup (if using) to medium heat. Add the banana slices and let them sauté for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Place the oatmeal in a bowl once it’s fully cooked, and top with chocolate chips, sautéed bananas, and any other toppings you’d like. Enjoy immediately!