Taco shells made of cheese are the best keto-hacking. This cup takes inspiration from our Parmesan chips and is easy to make! Cutting the bread paper into one box makes the cheese transfer to the muffin cans easier, but you can also carefully peel the cheese with your hands or use a metal spatula to lift it. Make sure to give them cool time before lifting!
Keto Taco Cups (Appetizers)
Taco shells made out of cheese is the ultimate Keto hack. These cups take inspo from our Parmesan crisps and are so easy to make!
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt
- Diced avocado, for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped tomatoes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheddar a few inches apart. Bake until bubbly and edges are beginning to turn golden, about 6 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for a minute.
- Meanwhile, grease bottom of a muffin tin with cooking spray, then carefully pick up melted cheese slices and place on bottom of muffin tin. Fit with another inverted muffin tin and let cool 10 minutes. If you don't have a second muffin tin, use your hands to help mold the cheese around the inverted tin.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, then add ground beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes, then drain fat.
- Return meat to skillet and season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer cheese cups to a serving platter. Fill with cooked ground beef and top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes.
For an easier time peeling the cheese from the parchment, cut the parchment paper into a 4 "box so that each of the cheese disks is in each of the parchment pieces.