Hello, again friends, happy humpday! Today I’ve got a delicious, filling and quick smoothie recipe to share with you.
One flavor combination I hardly ever see is oats with tropical fruit. I think that’s a shame because oats provide a slightly nutty flavor that offset strong tropical flavors perfectly. I’ll admit, there are some consistency issues with pairing oats with something like pineapple, but this smoothie takes cares of that issue no problem!
I really love the unique flavors in this tropical oatmeal smoothie, but what I love more is how creamy it is. I feel like I probably should have titled this post “How to Make the Most Creamy and Filling Healthy Smoothie.
The secret is in the combination of thick Greek yogurt and chewy oatmeal. Together they come together to provide a delicious creamy texture that you can not replicate with any other combination of ingredients.
Tropical Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen fruit tropical belnd pf choice
- ½ frozen banana optional if your blend doesn't contain bananas
- 2 tbsp old fashion oatmeal gluten free if needed
- 5 ounce vanilla nonfat greek yogurt i used chobani naturals
- 6 tbsp milk i used fat free
- 3 drops vanilla creme sweetleaf or ½ tsp vanilla extract and of choice
- Place all ingredient in a blender and blend until smooth, then drink up!
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 860IU
Vitamin C: 10.3mg