Today, there is a lot of heavy equipment with various forms and functions. These heavy equipment are used to facilitate human work, especially in the construction sector. One type of heavy equipment that is used for construction is a vibratory roller. For ordinary people, you may still be curious what a vibratory roller is even though you have seen it.
For that, we will review in its entirety the meaning, function, and also how the Vibratory roller works. After knowing the information we provide, we hope you will understand more about vibratory rollers.
What is a Vibratory Roller?
A vibratory roller is a heavy equipment that is used for work related to the compaction of the soil. This heavy equipment is widely used for grinding and also compacting the heap.
As the name implies, this tool is equipped with a vibrator to perform its functions. When you use a vibratory roller, the compacted soil becomes more perfect and the soil surface becomes more dynamic.
This tool is useful for making the soil surface more solid and optimal where the soil grains will fill the voids of each other.
Various jobs that require compaction will generally use a vibratory roller. Therefore, this heavy equipment can be used for both large and small-scale construction.
What are Vibratory Rollers Used For?
You should know that the vibratory roller is classified as a tandem roller. That is, this tool is capable of shredding to compact the entire pile.
The soil compaction process is carried out by various compressions until using the vibration method, making it very suitable for use on sandy soils and sandy gravel soils.
By using this Vibratory roller, we can know what the compression results are like so that it is very suitable for road construction.
Also, vibratory rollers are generally divided into two, namely a drum and a double drum. They both have differences where the single drum has one cylinder and the double drum has two cylinders. For pressure, the double drum has a higher pressure than the single drum.
As for the function of the Vibratory roller, here are some functions of the Vibratory roller that you should know:
- It is used to compact and also level the structure of the soil surface to make it stronger to bear the load on it.
- It is used as a deterrent against various piles of gravel and dust dirt on the surface of the floor.
- This tool is also used as a wetting agent against the field so that dust does not blow away. This tool is also equipped with a water tank with a capacity of up to 25 liters.
- Roller vibrators also function as asphalt and concrete rollers for road construction. That way, the flat road will have a flatter and more resistant surface so that various types of vehicles can pass, especially large vehicles.
How to Operate Vibratory Roller
- Check vibrator roller fuel if fully charged
- Check the fuel tank to see if there is a leak or not
- Check the condition of the motor
- Check all cable connections and make sure they are in the correct position and connected properly.
- Check the engine oil
- Check if the water tank is full
- Adjust the steering rod. The trick is to tighten the bolts on the pole rod.
- Make sure the machine is on level ground when performing all of the above checks.
How does a Vibratory Roller Work?
After knowing what is the meaning and function of a vibratory roller, now you also have to know how a vibratory roller works. Next, we will briefly explain how the vibratory roller works or works.
- First, you need to put the throttle lever in the minimum position. The goal is that later the throttle pull is not too tight when the engine starts.
- You have to open the valve on the fuel tank so that then the fuel from the vibratory roller can go down to the engine.
- To start the engine, you must turn the key to the on position.
- Pull the lever to start the engine. When the engine is running, you need to preheat the vibratory roller machine for about 5-10 minutes. The goal is to make the oil flow more evenly.
- If it warms up and the engine is ready, you can now adjust the throttle lever according to your needs.
- Use the machine’s steering bar so that the vibratory roller machine can be steered easily during the soil compaction process.
Vibratory Roller Capacity
Regarding the capacity of the vibratory roller, we will discuss what the condition of the vibratory roller is like when it is used for different compaction work. In reality, the difference in each condition is determined by the thickness of the soil to be compacted.
Vibratory roller capacity can provide the best productivity from 20cm to 122cm thickness. It is different when using a vibratory roller to compact layers made of rocky material.
In this section, the displacement can be effective until the thickness reaches 210 cm. Based on the ability to compress two different materials, the capacity of the vibratory roller depends on the type of material that forms the layer.
In addition to these two factors, there are other factors, namely the weight of the vibratory roller that also affects its capacity.
Hence the information we can provide on the meaning, function, and operation of the Vibratory roller.
In conclusion, the vibratory roller offers interesting functions, so it is not surprising that this heavy equipment is widely used for various purposes, especially in road construction.
Today, there are many large-scale contractors and developers who have used Vibratory rollers because they can provide better and faster job results.