This easy and simply homemade Szechuan Sauce recipe has always been our secret to a great and delicious meal. It has such a rich flavor, with a spicy and sweet note to it, that is perfect on pretty much any dish. We always have a jar of it ready in the fridge, and we utilize it as needed.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh gingerminced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauceor chili sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken brothveggie broth for vegetarian
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine broth and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir until dissolved
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add all ingredients except broth and cornstarch mix and bring to a light boil.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.