BBQ Beef Pasta Skillet is a one pan dinner made on the stove top in just 30 minutes! Ground beef, red bell pepper, corn, and pasta cook in a bbq beef broth base. Simple ingredients but huge flavor that the entire family will love & your house will smell like a BBQ restaurant.
1 lb lean ground beef
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
2½ cups beef broth
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 cups rotini pasta (dry uncooked pasta)
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 12-inch skillet pan with sides and a lid, over medium-high heat, add ground beef, red bell pepper, and salt. Cook and crumble until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the beef broth, bbq sauce, dry uncooked pasta, and frozen corn. Stir together making sure that all the noodles are covered in the beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover with lid, and reduce heat to medium-low. Let cook for 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and stir together until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Sprinkle the remainng 1 cup of cheese on top and cover the pan with the lid until the cheese is melted.
- I love to serve this with sour cream and sliced green onion. You can also serve it as is with no toppings.
BBQ SAUCE : Use a good tasting bbq sauce. The flavor really shines through so use one that you love. I always use Sweet Baby Rays regular bbq sauce. I would stay away from the sweet sauces like the honey bbq sauce or the brown sugar bbq sauce because that will bring a really sweet, odd flavor to this savory dinner recipe.
BEEF BROTH : I use full salt beef broth in this recipe. If you use reduced-sodium beef broth you may want to add some additional salt depending on preference and taste.
CAN I MAKE IT SPICY? The recipe as written is not spicy or hot at all. If you want to make it spicy try using shredded Pepper Jack cheese, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder in with the beef broth and pasta. You can also garnish and serve this dish with sliced jalapeños as well.
Recipe has been updated with better & more helpful text, better pictures, and slightly improved recipe in March 2021. I increased the pasta to 2 cups (as lots were complaining of too much water still in the their skillet after the cook time).
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1097mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 821IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 3mg
Detail here: togetherasfamilly.com