A perennial breakfast favorite, these tasty waffles are good for you too!
- ½ cup all-pupose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cups fat-free (skim) milk
- ¼ cup fat-free egg product or 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Powder sugar, if desired
- Heat nonstick waffle maker. In large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats and baking powder.
- In small bowl, mix milk, egg product and oil until well blended. Add to flour mixture all at once; stir just until large lumps disappear.
- Spread batter in hot waffle maker; bake until waffle is golden brown and steaming stops. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.