Keto hash browns taste like a traditional potato hash brown, but they’re made with zucchini instead. These zucchini hash browns are naturally gluten-free and perfect for low carb dieters.
Crispy and great-tasting zucchini hash browns are a great breakfast idea. These keto hash browns are made with eggs, zucchini and parmesan. They’re a healthy alternative to traditional hash browns without the carbs!
Zucchini “Hash Browns”
- 1.5 lb Zucchini
- 2 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 4 tbsp butter
- Coarsely shred the zucchini (about 4 cups) into a medium bowl, add salt and let it stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze excess moisture with hands.
- Squeeze out the excess water with your hands.
- Add the eggs, parmesan cheese and minced garlic. Combine everything together until you get a batter.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture and flatten them in the skillet to form a patty. Add as many patties as you can fit in the skillet, but avoid overcrowding.
- Cook until golden brown on each side turning once. This should take around 6 to 8 minutes.
- Repeat until mixture is finished, add more butter to the skillet if needed. Enjoy hot!