Peanut Butter Chocolate Poke Cake is the easiest birthday cake! Start with a mixture of yellow cakes and add peanut butter to make a peanut butter cake that is easy. Stir the holes in the whole cake and drizzle with chocolate ganache. Decorate your cakes with peanut butter frosting and chopped Reese cups.
How to make a Reese’s Poke Cake
This chocolate peanut butter poke cake has 4 components: peanut butter cake, chocolate ganache, peanut butter cream cheese frosting, and chocolate frosting.
- Mix all pastry ingredients in a bowl and mix using an electric mixer. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Before the cake cools, stir the holes in the whole cake.
- Heat the creamy cream shortly before boiling. Pour the thick cream on the chocolate chips, let stand for 1-2 minutes. Stir the mixture until blended. Pour Ganache to the whole cake.
- In a separate mixing bowl, make each frosting.
- Spread the peanut butter frosting over the chocolate ganache. Then add a bit of chocolate frosting on top of the peanut butter frosting, stirring. Top cake with slices of chopped peanut butter cup.
Tips to make a Poke cake
- Be sure to make holes in the whole cake! You can also poke holes near the edges of the cake. The more holes you poke, the more kindness that will sink into the cake!
- Once you pour the contents over the cake (chocolate ganache in this case) use a spatula to spread it evenly over the cake, make sure it seeps into the holes.
- To make the cake slices nice and clean, clean the knife between each piece.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Poke Cake
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- 3 eggs
- 1 & 1/4 cup milk (I used skim, whatever you have is good)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk or heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 to 1&1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Reese's peanut cocoa powder
PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, milk, creamy peanut butter, vegetable oil and yellow cake mix. Beat with an electric mixer until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Before the cake cools, use a straw or wooden skewer to poke holes all over the cake.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium sized heat-proof bowl. In a small pot over low heat, heat the heavy whipping cream until just before boiling. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to stand for 1-2 minutes. Use a spatula to stir the mixture until smooth. Pour the ganache evenly over the cake, allowing the ganache to seep into the holes in the cake.
- In a small mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk / heavy cream until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter frosting on top of the chocolate ganache. Then add dollops of chocolate frosting on top of the peanut butter frosting, swirling them together. Top the cake with chopped peanut butter cup pieces.