Throw together this healthy oatmeal the night before and enjoy it the next morning. We love it cold, but if you prefer a little warmth, remove the lid and microwave the oatmeal until hot, about 1 minute.
No-Cook Blueberry-Almond Oatmeal
- ¾ cup nonfat milk
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- 1 tsp packed light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ⅛ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- The night before, combine the milk, oats, blueberries, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract and a pinch of salt in a glass pint jar or other container with a lid. Secure the lid and shake. Refrigerate at least 6 hours up to overnight. In the morning, top with the almonds and drizzle with honey.