This french salute casserole is actually PERFECT for eating a group, as well as makes sure to become one thing everybody likes. Influenced through a Meals System initial, I changed out a couple of components to earn it each gluten-free as well as dairy-free without any fine-tuned sugars.
You can easily quickly prep it the evening prior to and after that toss it in the stove the following early morning.
I have actually discovered that great gluten-free cinnamon rolls are actually difficult to find through, as well as are actually incredibly time-intensive. However, a french salute casserole is actually a fantastic option towards provide a lot of the exact very same taste in a fast, simple style along with real-food components.
I have not attempted cold this however, however I wager it will end up fantastic!
In words of my 6-year aged, Lincoln…”I might dig my deal with right in to the entire point.” Me as well, buddy….me as well.
Gluten-Free Raisin Bread French Toast Casserole
- 12 sliced Gluten-free cinnamon raisin bread i used a loaf of udi's
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups unsweetened cashew milk can sub unsweetened almond milk milk, or any plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup golden monkfruit sweetener, can sub with more coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a 13×9 inch glass pan, lay 6 slices of bread on each half of the pan (they will overlap).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture over the bread, making sure to get between each slice so that everything is fully saturated. Cover with aluminum foil and bake. (At this point you can cover, and let it sit in the fridge overnight, then pull it out when ready to bake)
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients from the Pecan topping. Once the casserole has been baking for 30 minutes, uncover it, and spread the pecan topping evenly over the top (cut around the perimeter of the bread to loosen the edges so the pecan mixture can drip into the bottom of the pan). Bake uncovered for another 10 minutes.
- Once it is finished, let the casserole rest for 5-10 minutes to set the topping. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!